UPCOMING EVENT: Federal Textile Summit Session: Textile Workforce and Talent Pipeline: Resources for Government and Industry (Virtual, May 18-20)
FEDERAL & DEFENSE TEXTILE VIRTUAL SUMMIT, MAY 18-20, 2021
Opportunities: Dress Clothing
Opportunities: Dress Clothing. DLA and Service representatives will discuss known current and future requirements and acquisition processes for these textile-based products, including but not limited to:
- men’s and women’s dress uniforms (coats, trousers, slacks, and skirts and the poly/wool fabric required to manufacture these items); outerwear (dress all weather coats, Navy jumpers, coveralls, and dress jackets); shirts (dress shirts and blouses worn by all Services); dress headwear and ecclesiastical supplies
- heraldics (insignia, flags, swords & scabbards and guidons)
- mattresses and bedding
Speakers may also discuss priorities and expectations for integration of advanced textile technologies into these products.
- Defense Logistics Agency, Clothing & Textiles
- Army PEO Soldier
- USAF Uniform Office (invited)
- Institute of Heraldry (invited)
The Offices of Senator Richard Burr and Thom Tillis and the North Carolina Military Business Center are pleased to host the Southeast Region Federal and Defense Textile (FEDTex) Summit.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the FEDTex will be held in a virtual platform.
WHEN. May 18-20, 2021, virtually.
REGISTRATION AND COST. Registration is now open. There is no fee to attend the Summit. However, registration is required in order to receive the platform credentials.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT. This Summit connects US Department of Defense clothing and individual equipment buyers and requirements officials with textile manufacturers, supply chain, research and development, testing, workforce development and academic resources from across the southeast United States. All manufacturers of textile-based clothing, footwear, equipment and soldier systems – and their supply chain, workforce and R&D resources – should attend this Summit.